In American Atheists, Inc. v. Levy County, (ND FL, Dec. 3, 2017), a Florida federal district court dismissed on standing grounds a challenge to a Ten Commandments monument in a courtyard outside county government buildings, as well as a challenge to the county’s refusal to allow placement in the same area of a granite bench dedicated to non-believers. Dismissing plaintiffs’ Establishment Clause challenge to the Ten Commandments, the court said in part:Plaintiffs have failed to meet the injury-in-fact requirement because [plaintiff] Mr. Sparrow is unlikely to encounter the Monument in the future and because his only encounter with the Monument in the past was during a purposeful visit.Dismissing an equal protection challenge to the refusal of a permit for the monument to atheists, the court held that
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- What You Do Not Know About Top Custom Essay Paper Writing Service Might Surprise You
- The Debate Over Nursing Theories Novice to Expert
- The Hidden Treasure of Quantum Physics for Beginners
- Absolutely was Jeder Sagt Über Expire Doktorarbeit Medizin Ist absolut Falsch, und Warum
- The Foolproof Top Great Essay Writers Strategy