“This is fun.”
1. Former Australian cricketer Adam Gilchrist wore a GoPro camera on his helmet while batting in the bicentenary match between the MCC and the Rest of the World at the weekend.
2. And the footage was quite terrifying.
3. Gilchrist, who opened the batting for the Rest of the World, was facing his former teammate Shaun Tait during the game at Lord’s.
4. He is heard on the video footage exclaiming: “This is fun” and “good cricket all round”.
5. Gilchrist went on to make 29 but it wasn’t enough as the MCC ended up defeating the Rest of the World by seven wickets.
6. The match was notable for two other events. Shane Warne had his hand broken by fellow Australian Brett Lee in the final over of his side’s innings.
Sad news, X ray shows a broken hand !!! Very disappointing not to be out there playing. Thankyou for all your kind messages….
8. And former England captain Andrew Strauss was forced to apologise after he was caught making an offensive remark about Kevin Pietersen during Sky’s commentary on the game.
Earlier comments were made during a break of play which were heard overseas. We apologise for the language used.
9. Sky Sports had been on an advert break but viewers of Fox Sports in Australia could still hear an exchange between Strauss and fellow commentator Nick Knight about Pietersen.
Strauss was allegedly caught calling the former England batsman an “absolute c***.”
“I apologise unreservedly, particularly to Kevin Pietersen. I am mortified and profusely sorry,” he said afterwards.