Yesterday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued a 25-page Memorandum (full text) setting out the Justice Department’s understanding of the scope of religious liberty protections. In a covering document, Sessions directed that the interpretive guidance in the Memorandum immediately be incorporated by the Department and U.S. Attorneys in all litigation, interpretative guidance and grant administration. Among other things, the Memorandum provides:RFRA applies even where a religious adherent seeks an exemption from a legal obligation requiring the adherent to confer benefits on third parties.Sessions’ Memorandum specifically endorses the Clinton Administration’s 1997 Guidelines on Religious Exercise and Religious Expression in the Federal Workplace , saying:The Clinton Guidelines have the force of an Executive Order, and they also provide useful guidance to private employers about ways in which religious observance and practice can reasonably be accommodated in the workplace.AP reports on the Attorney General’s Memorandum.saying that it
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- What You Do Not Know About Top Custom Essay Paper Writing Service Might Surprise You
- The Debate Over Nursing Theories Novice to Expert
- The Hidden Treasure of Quantum Physics for Beginners
- Absolutely was Jeder Sagt Über Expire Doktorarbeit Medizin Ist absolut Falsch, und Warum
- The Foolproof Top Great Essay Writers Strategy