In Business Leaders in Christ v. University of Iowa, (SD IA, Jan. 23, 2018), an Iowa federal district court issued a preliminary injunction requiring the University of Iowa to restore for 90 days the registered student organization status of Business Leaders in Christ. The University revoked the group’s registration for failure to comply with the University’s Human Rights Policy. The organization required that executive officers agree to live by Biblical principles. The University found that this would disqualify individuals from leadership positions based on sexual orientation and gender identity.The court concluded that the University’s policy, as written, does not violate plaintiffs’ free expression rights. However, the court found that as applied the policy is not viewpoint neutral and thus violates plaintiff’s rights. Relying particularly on apparent non-enforcement against a Shia Muslim student organization, the court concluded that
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- What You Do Not Know About Top Custom Essay Paper Writing Service Might Surprise You
- The Debate Over Nursing Theories Novice to Expert
- The Hidden Treasure of Quantum Physics for Beginners
- Absolutely was Jeder Sagt Über Expire Doktorarbeit Medizin Ist absolut Falsch, und Warum
- The Foolproof Top Great Essay Writers Strategy