Reversing an announcement made last month (see prior posting), Notre Dame University yesterday told employees that they will continue to receive health insurance contraceptive coverage. Under accommodation rules developed by the Obama Administration, the coverage is provided without cost by the insurance company directly to employees, without Notre Dame paying for it. As reported by AP, the university thought that its insurer would end the no-cost coverage now that changes in Affordable Care Act rules allow religious non-profits to opt out of objectionable coverage. However the insurer has indicated that it will continue to provide the coverage. A Notre Dame spokesman said:Recognizing … the plurality of religious and other convictions among its employees, [the University] will not interfere with the provision of contraceptives that will be administered and funded independently of the University.In a similar reversal, Notre Dame also told students yesterday that after August they will still be able to obtain contraceptive coverage by electing it separately through their student health plan.UPDATE: Since Notre Dame has a self-insured plan, references to
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- What You Do Not Know About Top Custom Essay Paper Writing Service Might Surprise You
- The Debate Over Nursing Theories Novice to Expert
- The Hidden Treasure of Quantum Physics for Beginners
- Absolutely was Jeder Sagt Über Expire Doktorarbeit Medizin Ist absolut Falsch, und Warum
- The Foolproof Top Great Essay Writers Strategy