In Country Mill Farms v. City of East Lansing, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 191658 (WD MI, Nov. 16, 2017), a Michigan federal district court refused to dismiss a number of plaintiff’s constitutional challenges to a city’s civil rights ordinance. Vendor Guidelines for East Lansing’s Farmers’ Market required vendors to comply with the civil rights ordinance as a general business practice. Country Mill Farms was denied a vendor permit because, while it hosts weddings at its orchard, it refuses on religious grounds to host same-sex weddings. It announced its policy in a Facebook post.The court allowed Country Mill to move ahead with an overbreadth challenge to a portion of the ordinance, saying in part:The City is wrong that the Ordinance regulates only conduct. The Ordinance also regulates speech. Section 22-32 of the Code defines
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- What You Do Not Know About Top Custom Essay Paper Writing Service Might Surprise You
- The Debate Over Nursing Theories Novice to Expert
- The Hidden Treasure of Quantum Physics for Beginners
- Absolutely was Jeder Sagt Über Expire Doktorarbeit Medizin Ist absolut Falsch, und Warum
- The Foolproof Top Great Essay Writers Strategy